Exclusive 10% Discount
Selenium (+ Vitamin E & C) are antioxidants which contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. It also contributes to the maintenance of normal hair and nails, normal spermatogenesis, normal function of the immune system and contributes to normal thyroid function.
As a trace mineral we only need a small amount of Selenium to be effective. Unfortunately, in Europe there is a large amount of Selenium deficiency because the best dietary source of selenium is wheat, but crops grown on European soil tend to be low in the mineral. According to a study by Rayman, "the level of intake in Europe and some parts of the world is not adequate."
The key to selenium supplementation is not taking too much. There are some high strength selenium supplements on the market but the most recent research shows that it is important not to take too much selenium either. Our supplements provides 91% of the NRV (Nutrient Reference Value or Recommended Daily Allowance) which leaves some room from dietary sources.
Our Selenium comes packaged together with Vitamins A, C & E for added synergic benefit.
• Selenium, Vitamin C & A contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
• Vitamin C contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy-yielding metabolism.
• Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes
• Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
• Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
• Vitamin A has a role in the process of cell specialisation
• Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
• Vitamin C contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
• Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological function
• Vitamin C increases iron absorption
Manufactured in the UK to the GMP code of practice. These procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed so that we can guarantee you receive consistently high quality products.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Most important trace element in human diet
- Supports healthy and normal cell growth
- Supports healthy immune function
- Potent antioxidant to protect against free radicals
- Supports healthy brain / cognitive function
- Supports healthy heart / cardiovascular function
- Supports healthy reproductive system in both men and women
- Manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice to guarantee quality and safety
- Easy to take 1 per day tablet
1 tablet typically provides:
Vitamin A (as Beta Carotene) 800µg RE (100% NRV*)
Vitamin E 10mg a-TE (83% NRV*)
Vitamin C 60mg (75% NRV*)
Selenium 50µg (91% NRV*)
*NRV = EU Nutrient Reference Value
Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin A (as Beta-Carotene Prep: Maltodextrin, Carotenoid Dunaliella Salina, Sunflower Oil, D-Alpha Tocopherol), Anti-Caking Agent: Magnesium Stearate, Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate), Selenium Prep (Selenomethionine, Microcrystalline Cellulose).
Allergy Advice: Although rigorous precautions are taken to prevent any cross-contamination, this product is manufactured in a facility that handles allergy-based materials.
Adults, take 1 tablet daily with food and water. Do not exceed recommended intake.
Always consult your health practitioner before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking medication or are under medical supervision. Not recommended for children, pregnant or lactating women. You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach of children.